Monday, February 24, 2014

Bayelsa captain quits football



One-club man: Tarilaye Nwankwe  

ojeksaikhoje.blogspot.com can reveal that Bayelsa United legend and longest serving captain, Tarilaye Nwankwe, has confirmed his retirement from football to complete his post graduate programme at the University of Port-Harcourt. 

Nwankwe is a founding member of Bayelsa United when the club started its campaign in the amateur class (now Nigeria Nationwide League), in 1999.
 

 
 
In a league littered with nomadic players, Nwankwe stands out as a one-club man.

“It’s time for me to over on from football after contributing my quota to the growth of Bayelsa United. I’m proud of my achievements with the club.
However, my services are available if the team wants me to play any management role,” he told ojeksaikhoje.blogspot.com.  

Nwankwe remained when the club experienced relegation in 2010 and contributed to its return to the top flight in 2012
In 2009, he won the Premier League title and also reached the semi-finals of the 2009 Confederations Cup, with the club.







No comments:

Post a Comment